Many many thanks to our beta users for the amazing feedback, killer bug finds, and the helpful encouragement you provided during the long road to 7.0. We are intensely grateful for your efforts.
At the bottom of this post is the long list of new features in 7.0. But first, we want to tell you about our favorite feature.
Our favorite feature is the new stopwatch pages. Here’s a video that previewed how they work. Existing users please note: We kept your six selected data items as the first page of the stopwatch, plus a couple more. If you want, you can delete that page, and you’ll be left with the defaults we provide in the app. Feel free to reorder, add, or delete any of the pages, or customize what you see in the pages. And if you want BIG NUMBERS, add in the page called “Large and Small Stats” for an example of how to create a page with two panels, one large number in the top half, and four small numbers in the bottom half.
But wait, our favorite feature is iCloud support! By default, we back up your database once a week after a workout when you’re on wi-fi. Feel free to crank it up to every day if you want. We can sleep better knowing that your data is backed up all the time. And if you lose your iPhone and install our app on another device, we’ll ask you if you want to restore your data.
Oh, but getting a new iPad means that iCloud support is our favorite feature. Because now we can use iCloud to load my data right into my iPad. While we’re not a native iPad app, it’s great to be able to make your data available on the best tablet around.
This might not qualify as a favorite feature, but it was the result of many customer requests: We replaced the launch screen. The old dark leather splash screen is gone, long live our bright and colorful new splash screen!
Now that we think of it, the training plans are our favorite feature. We can now help people begin running with our new 5K training plan, and that this will help them live longer. Helping people live more healthy lives is a great mission!
But come to think of it, we just can’t make up my minds. What’s your favorite feature in 7.0? Tweet us at @runmeter, @cyclemeter or @walkmeter or on Facebook at facebook.com/runmeter, facebook.com/cyclemeter, or facebook.com/walkmeter and let us know.
Steve, Kevin, Lori, and Leland
What’s New in 7.0
- Multiple stopwatch pages accessible with a simple swipe.
- Intensely configurable to include any of 150 statistics, and dozens of graphs, maps, splits, intervals, and zones displays.
- Pages can be added and rearranged to include the statistics you need most.
- Includes an integrated music player.
- Works great with bike mounts and with one-handed use.
- Color code your statistics!
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper left of the stopwatch to configure your pages.
- 5K, 10K, Half, and Marathon training plans added.
- Build your own training plans.
- After setting the start date for a plan, you can then synchronize to your iPhone calendar, and from there to your online calendars.
iCloud – Requires iOS 5.0 or later
- Save and restore your data to iCloud.
- Schedule automatic backups of your data.
- Load your data from your iPhone onto your iPad.
iTunes File Sharing – Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- Save and restore your database (Meter.db) using iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes, click on your device, click on Apps, then scroll down to File Sharing.
- The new History tab gives you a view of your most recent workouts, and makes it easy to see your summaries by Weeks, Months, Years, Routes, Activities, Competitors, and Plans.
- Added Auto Connect New Sensors switch under Settings to prevent random pairing notices.
- Added Notifications for Begin Split and Begin Interval, and added vibration to Notifications.
- New activities can now be created by copying existing activities.